Please enter username and password to log in.
Автор: Avkash Chauhan
Издательство: Packt Publishing
Качество: Изначально компьютерное (eBook)
Интерактивное оглавление: Да
Количество страниц: 150
Описание: About This Book
- Step-by-step guidance to get you started with Impala on your Hadoop cluster
- Manipulate your data rapidly by writing proper SQL statements
- Explore the concepts of Impala security, administration, and troubleshooting in detail to maintain your Impala cluster
Who This Book Is For
Using Cloudera Impala is for those who really want to take advantage of their Hadoop cluster by processing extremely large amounts of raw data in Hadoop at real-time speed. Prior knowledge of Hadoop and some exposure to HIVE and MapReduce is expected.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the various ways of installing Impala in your Hadoop cluster
- Use the Impala shell API to interact with Impala components
- Utilize Impala Query Language and built-in functions to play with data
- Administrate and fine-tune Impala for high availability
- Identify and troubleshoot problems in a variety of ways
- Get acquainted with various input data formats in Hadoop and how to use them with Impala
- Comprehend how third party applications can connect with Impala to provide data visualization and various other enhancements
If you have always wanted to crunch billions of rows of raw data on Hadoop in a couple of seconds, then Cloudera Impala is the number one choice for you. Cloudera Impala provides fast, interactive SQL queries directly on your Apache Hadoop data stored in HDFS or HBase. In addition to using the same unified storage platform, Impala also uses the same metadata, SQL syntax (Hive SQL), ODBC driver, and user interface (Hue Beeswax) as Apache Hive. This provides a familiar and unified platform for batch-oriented or real-time queries.
In this practical, example-oriented book, you will learn everything you need to know about Cloudera Impala so that you can get started on your very own project. The book covers everything about Cloudera Impala from installation, administration, and query processing, all the way to connectivity with other third party applications. With this book in your hand, you will find yourself empowered to play with your data in Hadoop.
As a reader of this book, you will learn about the origin of Impala and the technology behind it that allows it to run on thousands of machines. You will learn how to install, run, manage, and troubleshoot Impala in your own Hadoop cluster using the step-by-step guidance provided in the book. The book covers tenets of data processing such as loading data stored in Hadoop into Impala tables and querying data using Impala SQL statements, all with various code illustrations and a real-world example.
The book is written to get you started with Impala by providing rich information so you can understand what Impala is, what it can do for you, and finally how you can use it to achieve your objective.
1: Getting Started with Impala
2: The Impala Shell Commands and Interface
3: The Impala Query Language and Built-in Functions
4: Impala Walkthrough with an Example
5: Impala Administration and Performance Improvements
6: Troubleshooting Impala
7: Advanced Impala Concepts
To download the file disable ad blocking, and reload the page.How to disable ad blocking?
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum