Please enter username and password to log in.
Автор: Kratochvil M.
Качество: Изначально компьютерное (eBook)
Интерактивное оглавление: Да
Количество страниц: 504
Описание: A revolutionary approach to understanding, managing, and delivering digital objects, assets, and all types of data.
Full of illustrations, diagrams, and tips with clear step-by-step instructions and real time examples
Get up to speed on all the aspects of this new technology
Learn how to work with rich multimedia and control it
Multimedia is the new digital frontier. Managers, software architects, administrators and developers need to fully comprehend this exciting new technology as its widespread use and acceptance cannot be ignored any longer.
"Managing Multimedia and Unstructured Data in the Oracle Database" will give you a complete understanding of how to manage all data, especially multimedia. You will learn all the latest terminology, how to set up a database, load digital objects, search on them and even how to sell them. Whether you are a manager or database administrator, this book will give you the knowledge you need to take control of this rapidly growing and industry- changing technology. Technology which is transforming our lives.
Starting with the basic principles of unstructured data and detailing the concepts behind multimedia warehouses and digital asset management systems, this book will describe how to load this data, search against it, display it intelligently, and deliver it to customers and users. Learn how all these concepts work within the Oracle 11g R2 database environment and how to tune the database effectively to manage it.
Begin to learn about this new and exciting field and use it to give your business a competitive edge or give yourself the ability to take a leadership role in this exciting new computing genre.
What you will learn from this book
- Discover a whole new world beyond relational databases
- Understand what is involved in selling a digital image
- Learn about the different types of multimedia warehouses
- Uncover the truth behind searching for digital objects
- Understand the complete picture for tuning an Oracle database with multimedia
- Get to grips with all the issues in setting up a digital asset e-commerce system
- Understand what multimedia and unstructured data really is
- Realise how the Oracle database can work with multimedia
- Get to grips with digital image processing and transformation techniques
- Expand your database knowledge to include complex data
- Add credibility to your resume by adopting this new and visually exciting technological direction
Chapter 1: What is Unstructured Data? 7
Chapter 2: Understanding Digital Objects 47
Chapter 3: The Multimedia Warehouse 77
Chapter 4: Searching the Multimedia Warehouse 125
Chapter 5: Loading Techniques 171
Chapter 6: Delivery Techniques 191
Chapter 7: Techniques for Creating a Multimedia Database 243
Chapter 8: Tuning 293
Chapter 9: Understanding the Limitations of Oracle Products 359
Chapter 10: Working with the Operating System 393
Appendix A: The Circa Data Type 419
Appendix B: Multimedia Case Studies 431
Appendix C: Proactive Database Tuning 441
Appendix D: Chapter References 453
If you like the topic, please click share to help develop our site.
To download the file disable ad blocking, and reload the page.How to disable ad blocking?
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum